GreenSuite’s energy management SaaS solution provides a platform for Rural Electric Cooperatives to collect, report, and share meter data analysis with individual members while incentivizing members to increase their energy efficiency and improve usage behavior utilizing GreenSuite’s loyalty points program.
Join GreenSuite and you’ll work in a fast growing, dynamic environment with other motivated, talented individuals who inspire greatness in their teammates. Our unique position as a technology leader in our market ensures that you’ll be challenged in your work and supported in reaching your most ambitious goals.
The Software Engineer is responsible for designing and delivering quality software features to the applications that encompass GreenSuite’s technology products. The Software Engineer is expected to work well in an Agile-Scrum team environment to develop superior products. Candidates will be based in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop high quality product features to meet company objectives.
- Assist in the planning and estimating of user stories at the beginning of each development iteration.
- Participate with other members of the Scrum team (application specialists, QA analysts, product owners, etc) to deliver value-added product releases.
- Participate in architecture design sessions to model the future state of existing applications.
- Document the changes made to the code base when submitting features.
- Utilize the Scrum methodology and participate in all phases of its iterative process.
B.S. in Computer Science, Informatics, MIS, or related field required
- 1+ years in application development, or relevant undergraduate experience.
- Experience with data modeling and writing SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Strong collaborative skills.
- Willingness to help others achieve their goals through solid written and oral skills.
- Self-motivated work mentality.
- Excited about a small team environment.
- Expresses excitement in continuous software improvement, software architecture and development practices.
- Interest (or experience) in integrations with similar business platforms.
- Software development projects on mobile platforms (Apple iOS, Google Android, etc.).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Reports to: Chief Technology Officer
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.